Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Good News for Street Kids

We attended Bethany's information meeting last week (a requirement to initiate the process with their agency). We just learned about an adoption conference here in Minneapolis at the end of the month so we plan to attend that.

I'm encouraged by the orphan care I'm learning about. I just finished reading A Cry From the Streets, a story of faith and beginning of caring for street kids in Brazil. It's from the YWAM International Adventures Series, and each book I've read so far in this series has been gripping. I highly recommend them! I'm encouraged to learn that YWAM has outreaches to street kids in India and Colombia as well (and probably lots of other countries). I'm also thinking of my friend Monica who works with street kids in Peru through Word Made Flesh and our friend Ken who lives in the Philippines working with street kids.

I'm excited about this and hoping we can officially begin our application soon. We're hoping Dave gets a full-time job in the next 2 months and we'll find out if we're staying in St. Paul or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment