Monday, January 31, 2011

Barbie visits the "Barbie Mansion"


Pink. I never thought I'd own a pink house, although I suppose you wouldn't guess that by my blog. Anyhow, I'm always looking for a deal, and we found one! When my sister saw the house, she nicknamed it the "Barbie Mansion." Well, our social worker's name is Barbie. Isn't that great? Not Barb, Barbara, or any other version but Barbie. I got a good chuckle out of this! I have to say, she's neither blonde nor ditzy. In fact, she was very professional, encouraging, and a great listener. We enjoyed telling her how we came to the decision of being involved with the foster care system. We felt very accepted by her, and she really applauded us for understanding our own backgrounds and what we would do the same or differently. And Shelly, our new puppy, was uncharacteristically subdued. She just laid under the table most of the time as opposed to her usual hunting for cardboard to shred. Fantastic! Finally, we met a family in our neighborhood who has a connection to the children's emergency shelter in town. We're really thankful that things are falling into place.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, you may just make some little girl very happy with that color . . . or, a little boy, I suppose, since two of our boys have claimed pink as their favorite color!

    I was just telling a friend how excited and happy I am for you and Dave and, yet, still a bit sad about the distance between our families. We're thankful to call you friends and are honored to continue praying for you and your future children.

    Thank you for the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you guys! Really appreciate your support and miss your family too! :o)

    ReplyDelete