Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Grr-rah!

Struggling with the irony of my students having to drop my class because they did not get approved for funding while knowing that the kids' mom is using Pell Grants to fund her personal life and not attending school. It's just not right. One of my favorite and most dedicated students did not get approved as the grant from John Morrell's closing is phased out.

On a positive note, the kids and I went to the park today without coats or even sweatshirts! It was 58 degrees!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Sarah, I can relate to the frustration I often feel about the choices and lifestyle some of our kids' first parents and caregivers made and continue to make. I want to share this Truth with you as it has helped my heart:

    Psalm 37:7-9

    7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
    fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way,
    over the man who carries out evil devices!

    8 Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath!
    Fret not yourself; it tends only to evil.
    9 For the evildoers shall be cut off,
    but those who wait for the LORD shall inherit the land.

    As I share this, I am reminded of the plank in my own eye and my need for God's daily forgiveness. It's also helpful to remember that Jesus died for my sin and the sin of my children's former caregivers.

    Praying for you today, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete