Thursday, September 22, 2011

Gum



I feel like these kids are a piece of gum being pulled in so many different directions. If I were them, I would have snapped by now. I think I have been doing a good job of buffering a lot of the behind the scenes stuff, so these kids can have a "normal" day. A lot of you probably know, but it's pretty difficult to set up appointments at a time that's convenient for you, especially if you want to get on the schedule in the next month! I've tried hard to schedule around the school day. I'm starting to feel like I have appointments coming out my ears though, so I'm happy that I set up a couple for myself. I guess it's time for me to see the eye doctor, dentist, etc too! :) Hopefully we don't have any major meltdowns while I'm being seen and kiddos aren't getting 100% of my attention. I have to mention that at their therapy visit, we walked by the guy in the entryway who reeked of alcohol and then sat in the waiting room only to find a documentary on suicide playing on the TV. I looked around the waiting room and saw countless faces glued to images of war, jail, etc. So uplifting.



On a happier note, our pastor and his wife have graciously insisted that we go out on a date while they watch our kids, and another lady from our church came to watch TV at our house for an hour or two while we stole away to Perkins. Mom has sent a couple fun filled care packages too. And we joined the gym, where there is usually childcare available. So thankful for tangible support! We are on Skype if you want to connect that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment