Thursday, September 15, 2011

Wow, 3 weeks!

We have officially passed our "longest time with kids" mark and have had them in our house for 3 weeks now! It's busy but good. Sticker charts seem to be magical. The kids like their school, and the teachers have been gracious about their special needs re: constant trips to the bathroom. I've started picking up one kid about an hour earlier than the other each day so that we can have some 1:1 time. It surprises me that they are so independent from each other even though they're twins. We recently had them start hugging each other goodnight: about as awkward as junior highers, but at least it's a start.
Just found out that their previous foster home was with a Christian family, so that is a blessing. They had lived there for about a year. Also ran into a previous foster dad at the grocery store this week. I feel it's only a matter of time until we run into their parents.
Mom came up last weekend, so Dave and I could do Bike SUX & go out for his birthday. We also got to take the kids rock climbing-fun for everyone! The boy, who I will refer to as Spiderman for the time being due to his climbing ability, is becoming my personal trainer as he continues to bike faster and make me jog faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment