Wednesday, September 19, 2012

One of those tear-jerker moments

If anyone can melt a heart, it's a child.  Today when I took the kids to school, Alex gave me extra hugs.  Then he went to line up with his class, proudly taking the line leader spot.  As I walked away, he yelled "bye mom!"  for everyone to hear.  Those days are surely numbered.  This is the same kid who announced yesterday that he was embarrassed to be seen hugging his sister in front of other kids. And the same kid who recently revealed feeling somewhat embarrassed about being adopted.  But thankfully, for now, he's not embarrassed to be seen with me.  Last year when I would pick him up at pre-school, if one of the teachers or helpers said, "Alex, your mom's here," he would adamantly respond, "She's NOT my mom!"  Understandable.  I let the kids take their time and decide when to transition from calling me "Sarah" to "Mommy Sarah" to "Mom."  Sometimes I wonder where this boy got all his sweetness & how he ended up in my life. :)  I guess that's what people mean when they say that kids are a gift.  

No comments:

Post a Comment